Utilities Management Consulting - Trouble Response
- Evolving the business to be relevant and flourishing in the future.
- Enabling emerging technologies and addressing customer expectations.
- Delivering sustainable business improvements within their Power Delivery teams.
- Realizing benefits through their Power Delivery Transformation Program.
PVA partnered with this Client in Planning & Scheduling and Field Services to implement enhanced processes, management operating systems, and management behaviours. These were designed to achieve specific objectives.
- Continue to improve our Client’s excellent safety culture.
- Become more efficient in how work is planned, scheduled & executed.
- Train and coach Supervisors (Coordinators) & Managers to better support their teams.
- Make the current processes & system tools work more efficiently at all levels.
- Improve the flow of work on projects, including both internal and external work teams.
- Improve financial & operational performance.
Priority focus areas were identified through an initial PVA Assessment in the Planning & Scheduling and Field Services areas.
- The workforce was not being actively managed in the areas observed, and there was almost no follow-up of the work at hand during the day.
- The management team did not have standardized role clarity, particularly related to active management and barrier identification and resolution.
- Work standards and productivity measurements had not been fully developed or communicated in the areas observed.
- Barriers to work execution were not being consistently tracked, and there was little root cause analysis for repetitive problems.
- There was no comprehensive Employee Involvement or Continuous Improvement Program in place to effectively engage the workforce.
- The management team did not have a structured management operating system in place to align costs and hold people accountable for improved performances.
- There was interrupted flow in the end-to-end workflow process, particularly as work moved across different organizational teams, such as from planning & scheduling teams to execution teams.